These chocolate glazed donuts are a simple and delicious recipe. They taste phenomenal and they’re gluten-free, so you can indulge without feeling guilty (or maybe that’s just me)!
For the Donuts, you will need:
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Glaze, you will need:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease your donut pan (you may need 2).
- Mix the ground flax seeds and water together and set aside till it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla and flax mixture together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Either using a piping bag or a spoon, place the mixture onto the donut tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the donuts on a cooling rack.
While they are cooling, it’s time to make the icing:
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar, warm milk, and vanilla.
- Mix until everything has combined and it is now a liquid glaze.
- When the donuts are cooled off (which should not take long), either dip the tops in the glaze, or drip some of the glaze over the donuts and place back on the wire rack to allow any excess glaze to drip off.