Before I begin, I have some exciting news!
I have another recipe for you!
Do you love chocolate? If you do, there is nothing yummier than these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies! They’re gluten free AND they’re so super soft! I am extremely impressed with this recipe and I know you will be too. If you or your family are chocolate fans, you should really try these out.
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
6 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, place the chopped chocolate and butter.
- Place the bowl over a pot with about an inch of simmering water, making sure that the water doesn’t boil and the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat, and set aside to cool briefly.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and granulated sugar, and whisk to combine well.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture, and mix to combine.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla, and mix to combine. (The dough will be thick but soft.)
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball between slightly wet palms, coat the dough generously with the confectioner’s sugar, and press the dough into a disk about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until just set in the center.
If you try out this recipe, let me know what you think! I hope you love them as much as I do!