Gluten Free Banana Bread! Yum!
I really love this recipe because even with it being gluten free, it is still very moist, which amazes me! It’s the perfect treat to make when your craving a little sweet but don’t want to push it. Also, if you have extra bananas in the house that are going too soft, don’t let them go to waste. Just quickly make this banana bread because even if the bananas weren’t that great to eat on their own, they’ll take amazing in this bread.
Let’s get started!
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour
- 4-5 Mashed Bananas
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Optional: Chocolate Chips (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease loaf pan(s).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas into the cream mixture and stir.
- Stir in banana mixture into the flour mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- The baking time depends on how thick your bread is. It may take anywhere from 30-55 minutes. Check from time to time by sticking a toothpick in the center of the loaf until it comes out clean.
- Leave in pan for 5 minutes or so and then let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and Enjoy!
I encourage you to try this recipe out! It tastes so yummy!
However, if you decide to make yours as thin as I did, I would only leave it in for about 30 minutes. I left mine in for 45 minutes and it came out drier than it should have. I would probably make it thicker than this next time so that it came be a lot more soft and moist, since there will be a lot more liquid.
Have fun with it! Add as much chocolate as you would like! I added very little on top as I was going for a healthier treat, but it does taste super delicious with lots of chocolate (duh)!